Fixing would not affect on my political career: Azhar

Posted by sandip lakhani

Former Indian cricket captain or in other words Match fixer Mohammed Azharuddin said he was confident that the match-fixing controversy surrounding his name would not have any impact on his political career.

Mohammed Azharuddin, who last month joined the Congress, said here no criminal case had been filed against him in relation to the match-fixing scandal. "But I had registered a case against the BCCI in this regard," he told a meet the press program.

Asked if the scandal, which cut short his brilliant cricket career in 2000, would impact his candidature in the Lok Sabha elections, the former stylish batsman said, "I do not think this will cause any difficulty in the elections."

Asked to name the constituency from which he would contest the elections, the former skipper, like a seasoned politician, said he will contest from wherever his party ordered him to do so. Mohammed Azharuddin, who runs an event management company in Hyderabad, joined the Congress on February 19. 

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 4:55 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

I really liked your blogs. Please visit http://janmat.org and let me know if you are interested in joining us for a common cause.

Please email on janmat.india@gmail.com

March 11, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Hi! I noticed that my website isn't appearing well just in case you want to read what I think about social issues being an activist myself. Cheers!

April 3, 2009 at 3:54 AM
ara  

Good day!
I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
Thank you

arazeilia@yourmediaguru.com

August 18, 2011 at 8:13 AM

That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

January 26, 2015 at 11:54 PM

Post a Comment